Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Becoming ARMY STRONG!!






This is what saying goodbye to a soldier feels like. I didn't think the day would ever come as we prepared for Allan to leave for basic training. Now, it is here. Watching him leave left me with so many emotions. I was proud, I wear my title of "ARMY Wife" with great pride! I was sad. The emptiness of not having him here is magnified when I see how much my little ones miss him. There are so many little things I realized I took for granted. Bathing the kids, taking turns getting up with a nightmare, holding the baby while I break up a fight, they all seem so much more amplified doing them on my own.

Yet, what it really breaks down to is I am so very happy with the decision we have made. He is doing something honorable, not only for his country...but for his family. We will be so much better off for it. The seperation is just minimal in the grand scheme of things. This too shall pass, and one day we will look back at all this crazines and think, "I worried over THAT!". For now, I cherish every phone call I receive from him and I pray for his strength and safety.

We are not just ARMY strong, we are FAMILY strong!


2 comments:

AB said...

I'm proud of you. Sounds like you've got the right stuff to be an Army Wife. It isn't for everyone. And on those days/moments when you forget all this just give me a call and I'll cry with you!

Lisa Henderson said...

Thank you for your sacrifice for our country from all American Families. We are so proud of our military and we know that they just got stronger with Allan among them!