Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tacos, Tears, and Eternal Families


My beautiful, wonderful Grandma, Grace Blazian passed away this morning. She had suffered a fatal stroke yesturday afternoon, and passed peacefully from this life, holding her eternal companions hand. My Grandpa said that in the moment before she passed, her left eye overflowed and tears ran down her cheeks. He said he felt such an overwhelming sense of the love she had for him, and her extended family. I am heartbroken, and find myself wiping tears from my cheeks. She was a sweet, dear person who cherished her family. She could always be counted on to send a handwritten personal note on various occassions throughout the year. She never overlooked a birthday, anniversary, or holiday. She made you feel as though you were her favorite. I will miss our long talks, birthday shopping trips, and most of all I will miss her. She was my favorite person to sit next to in Sacrament meetings when I would make a visit ...we never stopped giggling, or eating her stash of tic -tacs. I will forever cherish the beautiful blankets that she made for each of my babies. And her newest great- grandson will be blessed swaddled in the white crocheted blanket she made for me on the birth of my first child...and has been used every special day since.
When my brother and I were young, she talked to us about death. Not as a scary, awful thing, but a beautiful experience that she looked forward to. She eased our fears by telling us that we were going to make a Taco Stand in Heaven, and the first one there would get it ready for everyone else. I know that she is there, setting up shop, happy and healthy. I can see her smile, and it warms my heart, for she is free of the ailments that the body in this life held her captive in. I am so grateful for the plan of eternal families. That I will be able to one day be reunited with my Grandma. Of all the things that struck me as my heart broke over her loss, I had the strongest feeling that she is in Heaven, holding the two beautiful babies that we lost, telling them stories of their Mom, and making them giggle. Oh what a sweet comfort that is. I look forward to the day my son is born...for I know that my Grandma will be there, with her arm around me letting me know all is well. May Heavenly Father keep her in his loving arms, until we meet again.

1 comment:

AB said...

I'm sending big hugs your way! I'll be a great customer some day at your big taco stand in the sky...love you!